Centers of Hope and Healing
EACH ADVENTIST CHURCH A COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Regarding its wholistic approach to all dimensions of health –physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual; to help each individual establish a good relationship with God and with fellow-church and community members, and to enjoy good health according to His plan for all of us.
Our Churches: SUPPORT CENTERS FOR THE COMMUNITY
Providing support to those infected and affected by the HIV epidemic
This goal will be achieved through the organization of Support Groups in our churches.
• Definition of a SUPPORT GROUP:
• Is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problems and help others in the community (inside and outside the church)
• SUPPORT GROUPS AND MINISTRY
• Care teams: by their non-judgmental, compassionate presence they represent a loving God to persons who often feel they are somehow being “punished by God”.
• Through their caring attitudes they encourage empowerment, acceptance, hope, Care Team members form relationships and do things friends do.
“Go…, heal the sick, raise the spiritually dead, and cleanse the lepers and those who have HIV/AIDS, drive out the demons of fear, ignorance, and wrong attitudes. Freely you have received, freely give…” (Adapted from Matthew 10:8 – italics added)
CHURCH BASED HIV/AIDS SUPPORT GROUPS
ORGANIZATION OF SUPPORT GROUPS:
Whether you’re battling HIV or AIDS, or if you’re the family member or friend of someone who is hurting, many of the issues and questions are the same.
Why is this happening to me?
How can I possibly endure?
Where’s God in all of this?
How can I cope with this situation?
WHAT DO PEOPLE NEED?
People need Love, Encouragement ,and Hope. That’s why we need to create Support Groups. To provide a safe place where people can come when they need answers, validation, and most important,Hope!
We pray that these support groups will become
Centers of Hope and Healing!!!
“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
NOTE: For more information on how to organize support groups in your church, please visit the page “Education and Presentations” on this same web-site, or contact us for additional details.